Y'all make me sick (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 15:42 (3255 days ago) @ CyberKN

Bungie spent the better part of a decade iterating and figuring out what did and didn't work in Halo's Multiplayer. I don't understand why they decided to toss all that knowledge and research out the window and start fresh with Destiny (I suspect it's because the core gameplay team has slowly trickled out of the studio over the years), but they did, and IMO Destiny is worse for it.

And don't even get me started about cutting forge and custom games.

On a different note, I have been thinking about hosting semi-regular Custom games nights on 360 for a while. I should get on that and create a FTB event...

Heh. I see it as the opposite. To me, Destiny is made of all the lessons learned from a decade of Halo and is better for it. I love not spawning with a peashooter and having to scramble for a real gun. I love the flow and structure Control provides to classic Slayer. I love that snipers are given away by their scopes and can't just cloak off in a corner and rain death completely unseen and unfindable.

The lack of custom games is unfortunate. The lack of a constantly string of ugly maps I am unfamiliar with and suck at? Not so much. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread