Lopsided exotic loadouts: Yay or Nay? (Destiny)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, May 01, 2015, 18:54 (3254 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I was daydreaming on the trip to work this morning, and I started wondering about the idea of allowing lopsided exotic loadouts. "What the heck is that?" you ask...

What if Destiny allowed us to equip up to 2 exotic items at a time (same as now), but didn't force us to split them between armor and weapons? In other words, what if we were allowed to equip up to 2 exotic items in whatever slots we wanted?

Part of me thinks this would be a complete disaster, but another part of me thinks it could lead to some really interesting and unique builds. It would give us the ability to make our Guardians extra powerful in specific niche ways, but at the potential cost of a more "well rounded" loadout.

I could see this being a potential problem in PvP... can you imagine what a nightmare it would be to go up against a Bladedancer who was wearing Don't Touch Me gloves on top of Mask of the 3rd Man? But, even as I say that, I remember that such a loadout would mean giving up the ability to use Thorn, Hawkmoon, Red Death, or any of the other top PvP exotic weapons. It just might balance out over all.

I feel like there is something to this idea. Maybe it needs some kind of limitations... maybe its only allowed in specific playlists or missions, I don't know.

What do you all think?

I think you'd see a whole load of Thorn+Truth loadouts...I shudder to contemplate.

Maybe a customs mode?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread