Time to Kill in PvP and new Weapons in Expansions (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Saturday, May 02, 2015, 07:01 (3281 days ago)

Here's a sort of fundamental problem with PvP in Destiny: The way to make new weapons in the expansions desirable for PvP is to make them better. That means faster Time to Kill, longer range, and more stability with quicker target acquisition. Which is a problem, since guns already have crazy fast TTKs. Less than 2 seconds in most cases, instantaneous in the case of shotguns, sniper rifle headshots, fusion rifles, and rocket launchers.

I'm concerned. RIght now the game is nearly tantamount to a round of who saw who first, and I haven't had an exciting duel with someone in ages (unless you count multiple spawn-spanning sniper duels).

Someone in an earlier thread suggested 3-5 second TTK, and I have to agree. You need time to react to being shot, find cover, and return fire. Right now I feel like "how did I die? Oh, okay, so there's a guy back there now. Great."

Keep in mind that I'm a player who is usually near the top of his rooms in PvP. It's becoming un-fun because all of the weapons are becoming practically OHK weapons. I'm afraid this will be getting even worse in HoW.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread