Time to Kill in PvP and new Weapons in Expansions (Destiny)

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Saturday, May 02, 2015, 10:13 (3253 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Here's a sort of fundamental problem with PvP in Destiny: The way to make new weapons in the expansions desirable for PvP is to make them better. That means faster Time to Kill, longer range, and more stability with quicker target acquisition.

Disagree. I think cooler perks, new cool looking designs, different stat arrangements, ie ROF/Stabililty/Impact, make for desirability just a much. I know we saw some new perks in the twitch feed and new designs. Also the upgrade to 331 from 300 made us all move to newer weapons (which will be going away with ascendancy). For the competitive purist where TTK is the only thing you are concerned about, yes that will determine your weapon choice. But there are many of us who choose guns for many other reasons. I personally like auto rifles, even though they aren't nearly as good in terms of TTK as they were.

I'm concerned. RIght now the game is nearly tantamount to a round of who saw who first, and I haven't had an exciting duel with someone in ages (unless you count multiple spawn-spanning sniper duels).

I've had tons of battles where I was able to either duck for cover, or completely run away if caught off guard. I've also gotten really good at throwing suppression grenades which bounce like halo grenades around corners to catch a guy who is wounded when he runs from me. :) The only primary weapons that really wreck in TTK are The Last Word, Thorn, and Red Death. If I was solely concerned with TTK, I would choose one of these weapons above all else.

Someone in an earlier thread suggested 3-5 second TTK, and I have to agree. You need time to react to being shot, find cover, and return fire. Right now I feel like "how did I die? Oh, okay, so there's a guy back there now. Great."

That's just bonkers, If I have to shoot a guy that much, I might have to reload to finish him off. Halo had such a slow TTK in comparison and I realize how much better it is to get the jump on a guy and because you positioned better, you will most likely win the battle.

Also ever been BR'd and been like, WTF? Where did that come from?

Keep in mind that I'm a player who is usually near the top of his rooms in PvP. It's becoming un-fun because all of the weapons are becoming practically OHK weapons. I'm afraid this will be getting even worse in HoW.

HoW will not only be adding more variety in terms of armors and weapons to choose from, but also their perks combinations, and with ascending old legacy weapons, I can break that old shadow price out, although I know it's not a good at it used to be. Really wish I would have kept my old Swarm.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread