Exotic Concept: The Plague (Fan Creations)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, May 02, 2015, 13:35 (3272 days ago)
edited by Korny, Saturday, May 02, 2015, 13:50

The Plague. (Warlock Helmet)

[image]
“What’s true of all the evils in the world is true of Plague as well. It helps men to rise above themselves.”

Strength: 115

Snap Discharge– Increases melee attack speed.
Infusion– Replenishes health each time you pick up an Orb of Light.
Potions and Spells- Status effect damage is halved, and charged melee kills instantly trigger health regeneration.

I wanted to make a helmet tailored for lower-skilled players (focusing mostly on health), but that can also provide desirable perks for higher-skilled players, regardless of which Subclass they prefer. Aesthetically, I wanted the helmet to resemble plague doctors of the Renaissance era, which blends well with Warlock robes and helps illustrate the purpose of the helmet.

The "Potions" part of the exotic perk is very useful against things such as incendiary damage (Incendiary Grenade, Scorch, Touch of Flame) and poison (Thorn, Wizard poison). The resistance to Thorn's poison is especially appealing, given its prominence in PvP.

The "Spells" part of the perk helps players survive close encounters, and has excellent synergy with both the Sunsinger's Scorch and the Voidwalker's Energy Drain, most notably being able to replace or supplement the Flame Shield or Life Steal modifiers.
To support this aspect of the perk (as well as helping out lower-skilled players), Snap Discharge is added, allowing players to melee faster, which can really make a difference during close encounters. I considered adding Grenade kills as a way to regenerate health as well, but that might be somewhat unbalanced with Sunsingers during Radiance.

I'm kind of torn with Infusion. On the one hand, it fits both the goals and the theme of the helmet, but two other exotic Warlock helmets already have the same perk. I had considered Serpent's Mouth (causing damage with a grenade reduces your melee cooldown) to supplement the exotic perk, but I think the bonus afforded by that perk is negligible.
Lastly, I wanted it to be Strength-based, given the way most players tend to focus on Intellect/Discipline with Warlocks, even though the melee can be invaluable.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread