Things warframe learned from Destiny... (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Saturday, May 02, 2015, 15:29 (3281 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Yeah me too. Having everything make a 'distinct' sound doesn't mean the sound design is good.

"Gameplay is king... But I won't acknowledge any of a game's positive aspects of I don't think it's pretty or sounds just the way I like it." -Cody Miller

You cannot really separate 'gameplay' from the aesthetics of a game. They compliment, and in some sense are kind of the same thing.

This statement doesn't make sense at all. You're saying you'd rather play a visually and auditorily stunning round of Stab Yourself to Death than a not-quite-as-well-rendered round of Travel Around the World with the Woman of your Dreams?

I guess I'd rather just play a great game that looks good than a so-so game that looks great. For instance, I think Final Fantasy 7 is a better game than Destiny. Golden Eye is a better game. Diablo 2 is a better game. And, frankly, I'm having a hell of a lot more fun playing Warframe. But hey, if you think Sewer Shark was an awesome game because it was so pretty, I guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread