A Little Bit of Happy. A Good Bit of Sad. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, May 08, 2015, 06:52 (3284 days ago)

After a couple of week running around cloaked as a stealthy Bladedancer assassin I've swapped back to being a Gunslinger and it's so nice. Battles and situations I would lose I am winning with flaming throwing knives. Situations that would require me to blade dance through a ton of enemy fire I handle from a distance with Golden Gun. It just kinda amazes me at how differently but equally good a class in Destiny can play.

On a sad note, my CD player in my car came back around to my Top Played 2013 disc and when "Law of the Jungle" and "Eighth" played I no longer heard the mysteries and excitement and wonder of a new game. I did not even hear the hope of things to come. Mainly, I heard the drowned out echoes of my past expectations. Expectations that were not met. Destiny is still fun to play, those two tracks are still beautiful and iconic and will forever stick with me as the music that defines the game because they were the first we got to hear... But now they also remind me that I hoped for a much bigger story and a more dynamic universe whose mysteries would be revealed in the game... but weren't. It was such a gut bittersweet feeling to have the those tracks rekindle hope of a new Bungie universe yet at the same time remind me of what didn't happen and what wasn't achieved. :(

Meh. I don't like being sad. Perhaps I'll go listen to the Truth and Reconciliation Suite to cheer myself back up. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread