I'm in Japan! (Off-Topic)

by LordOwen, Hiroshima, Japan, Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 00:15 (3273 days ago)

Hello everyone, and it's been a LONG time! I wanted to update everyone on where I've been the last few months, and what's up now. So, as it turns out, work was stressing me to the point where I could no longer even enjoy playing Destiny, and so I faded off for a while. And then I hated my job enough that I quit (surprisingly hard to do when you work for yourself, although it was fun calling my boss a dick and rage-quitting without having to leave the shower), applied for a job teaching English in Japan and ended up moving here.

Yes, I currently live in Japan, specifically, Matsue in Shimane Prefecture.

It's taken them about six weeks to connect my internet, but now I've got it, and even more importantly, I can play Destiny once again! My PS4 is auto-connecting to the US servers and I don't even need a VPN to force it. I'm playing some serious catch-up right now (I've only had access for a little under two days, and have been at work for a good part of that), but just so everyone knows, I'm back in business, and so long as you don't mind my having to play at extremely odd hours (as of writing this, it's just past 11am Tuesday here, but it's 10pm MONDAY on the US East Coast) or not knowing what the hell I'm doing right off the bat (haven't run a Crota yet, and I'm still at 29 Light... for now).

Looking forward to playing with you all again; see you starside.

TL;DR: I got fed up, quit my job, moved to Japan, and now I can play Destiny again. Also, sushi is dirt-cheap here, but pizza is expensive.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread