PSA: On Re-rolling guns and Ascending them (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 19:02 (3292 days ago) @ Kermit

Don't ascend a gun if you intend to re-roll it for different perks. The re-roll will reset the damage level and the gun will need to be ascended again. So try for the perks you want first, and then ascend it.

Is there a good tutorial for re-rolling guns somewhere? I've never done it--didn't think to do it for Iron Banner, and I don't even know what perks to hope for.

It comes down to what perks you like, and how much you're willing to gamble on trying to get them.

It's a bit trickier than it was in Iron banner: there, you could buy two of the same weapon, roll one until the perks were okay, then roll the second until you had a better roll, switch back to rolling the first, etc.

I recommend looking up your weapon of choice on DestinyDB.com, and using that site to look at what perks each slot can hold. Once you've decided on a "perfect" roll, prioritize your chosen perks, and then start rolling. I usually pick two I really want, and try to get both of those.

For example, I really like fast reloads and higher ammo capacity on my handcannons, so I tried for perks that satisfy those needs- Outlaw and Extended-Mag/Field-scout worked well.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread