Prison of Elders and Loot keys (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 20:02 (3285 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I am not sure if you get better chances from the big chest on the higher difficulties or not.

The details on this part seem a little fuzzy at the moment. Part of me wants to think it is a better chance on higher difficulty, but so many of the people I've seen open it even on 28 have gotten exotics that I think the loot rarity is pretty much nightfall-level even there. I don't know how much better chance we could get without exotics being literally guaranteed (which is obviously not going to happen). See below for a thought on this...

Bosses can drop keys on 32 or higher.

I think that part's the key (c wat I did thar?) to the loot rarity. Since you need to run it at higher difficulty to get keys to drop in the first place, it sort of evens out.

And yeah, I know the Wolf packs would seem to throw a wrench in that idea. But, since they spawn relatively infrequently and you're not guaranteed a key from them (I have seriously only seen a single key drop in my time running them), I see that as Bungie's way of providing a less challenging but more time consuming route for people unwilling or unable to run the higher-tier PoE instances. And that's probably a good thing as long as they can keep the drop rates at a level where it's not MORE productive to run the easy way.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread