PoE: Hunter or Warlock? (Destiny)

by Earendil, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 15:53 (3271 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Ha. I'm honestly a little bit terrified of trying to clear the level 34 PoE with any combo other than 3 defender Titans. We spent most of our run last night hiding in each other's bubbles lol

I don't have a whole lot of experience with PoE yet, but it sure seems that invisible hunters are extremely useful.

Honestly, I can't think of anything a Warlock will be especially useful for other than self-revive, which is moot if you git gud and don't die!

Aren't invisible hunters most useful for reviving team mates? Otherwise, going invisible just focuses fire on the other two team mates.

No - invisible hunters are extremely useful because they can go disable the mines all by themselves and without any trouble. Being able to easily revive their less-alive teammates is just a bonus ;-)

Okay, I'll grant you that.

It also seems like "git gud and don't die!" isn't a counter. That could be said about any skill or weapon. The difference is that I can make it all the way to the end and say I never used my super, while the rest of you less gud players are popping supers left and right ;-)

Being able to get to the end and brag about not having used your super is not a good thing, in my opinion. Supers should be used as much as possible. Even if you don't "need" the super to kill a bunch of enemies in a hurry - you should do it anyway so you are generating orbs, thereby helping your teammates.

All practical, fun, helpful advice aside, your suggestion was to "git gud and not die". If I do what you say and pull that off, I've just won all the things. I don't need a super, my team doesn't need a super. I am invincible :)

But more practically and certainly more fun is to use it as often as possible. Of course, you may have assumed that I die less frequently than my super recharges, therefore robbing my team of it's frequent use ;-)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread