Raiding at level 33 (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Sunday, May 24, 2015, 11:31 (3257 days ago)

We had a couple great raids last night, beginning with Crota Hard mode. For the first time, hard mode felt "fair". The combination of being at level with the enemies, plus having 365 Fatebringers and Gjallarhorns really made things feel more manageable and fun. We were able to blast through the raid in about 30 minutes with no wipes and only 2 or 3 deaths across the entire team. (Hard mode flawless raider, anyone?)

Here's a video of the Deathsinger & Crota battles. This far in to the raid, I had actually forgotten we were playing hard mode, hence my sudden scramble to equip armor that will regenerate health for me at the beginning of the Crota fight:

From there, we went on to do a VoG hard run. This run wasn't so different from what we've been able to do before. The only real difference was again having 365-rated weapons. Watch how quickly we were able to take down the Templar (with no teleports) thanks to all the 365 Gjallarhorns lighting him up:

Time from first shot fired to death = 34 seconds :D

Also happened to be one of the better loot nights I've ever had raiding. Got the Hunter VoG Helm, Praedyth's Revenge, Mythoclast, Fatebringer, Word of Crota, Dragon's Breath, and Oversoul Edict. I sharded all of them except the helmet (it was the only piece I still needed) but it was still fun to find a postmaster full of goodies upon returning to the tower :)

[image]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread