Trials of Osiris thoughts (Destiny)

by Mad_Stylus, Monday, May 25, 2015, 03:31 (3252 days ago)

So yeah, I actually like the ToO after that run.

Starting off we had a straight loss ticket. But I was too focused on getting that delicious chest plate. Its perks were good, it looked nice and it filled a very vital role in my loadout. I was in it to win it.

Once we got into the groove of things, we didn't really get out of it until a break later in the evening. Decisive, united action rules in the ToO, not reactive play. Especially noteworthy was the heavy ammo round. Once we rushed the entire team as one, we began clearing house that one. Enemies would split up and try and be too clever, and we'd be able to just smash them.

Warlocks ressing is a game changer when its used right. We actually had a comeback after a comeback. It was a glorious thing to see our Warlock rise from the dead and beat an enemy hunter senseless while they weren't expecting it. Above all, winning in Trials felt damn good.

In regular crucible, its no big deal. In Iron Banner, its more a relief that I can cash in those coins. In Trials of Osiris, it feels viscerally good to win, close or not. Having so much at stake with the win/loss system really ramps up your investment.

Also, pro tip - If you have losses on an 8 win, just cash it in. Theirs no award for a 9-2, and I might have hit the Lighthouse otherwise.

So yeah, bottom line? Next week, I'm actually looking forward to getting a hardened crew and making a day of it. I really can't say that about PVP most of the time.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread