I really like Elimination (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, May 25, 2015, 21:13 (3252 days ago) @ someotherguy

If it was a normal playlist I'd be all over it.

I was thinking the same thing myself, although I think Bungie's raid-logic might apply here as well. Elimination gametypes can be uber-punishing. Going in to such a playlist with randoms could easily become more frustrating than fun. Perhaps keeping it to a mode that requires a full fireteam is the way to go.

I think my issue comes down to this - having been on the receiving end of a losing spree, it sucks to think that sometimes I'm causing that, because it was awful and demoralising.

Cyber was saying very similar things while we played last night; that it was difficult to enjoy each victory because it was coming at the expense of someone else. We knocked out several teams over the course of our run (4, I think), and every time it happened we all stopped talking. It's like we all got hit by this little pang of guilt, and needed to give a brief moment of respect to each team we eliminated.

Which is quite fascinating, really. Never had a videogame make me feel that way.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread