Auto rifle FYI and more (Destiny)

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 02:04 (3258 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

(Disclaimer: I do not guarantee 100% accuracy of these comments, they are just some things I tested mildly casually.)

If you upgrade a High ROF (Dr Nope/Nechrochasm class) with focused fire. It appears to shoot the same rate as a mid ROF (Up4Anything) with just about 10% less damage per round.

However it will have more stability due to the slower ROF, and a huge mag in comparison to the mid rate rifles. Usually these rifles have 60-80 round mags standard. That's alot of firepower for PvE. Get Extended mag and wow.

Now if you upgrade a mid RoF rifle w/focus fire, it skips the low RoF (Vanquisher/Shadow Price) and shoots at the rate of Suros w/focus fire (very low RoF), but seems to do again, maybe 5 to 10% less damage. Most of the mid rate rifles have 28-38 rounds so that's not really better than what suros can provide you. Plus Suros has more stability and range than most of these rifles. So I wouldn't bother with it.

Here are some basic numbers I pulled on Level 2 dregs on Patrol using 331 attack value rifles.

High Rof 17B/43H
High Rof w/FF 23B/57H

Mid Rof 26B/64H
Mid RoF w/FF 34B/85H

Low RoF 32B/79H

Now even more interesting is that the Highest RoF scout rifles (Dead Shot Luna) seems to shoot the same Rate as Suros w/FF but does 62B/182H. That's alot of damage output. Got to get a good stability though to make the head shots count. I found that autos do 2.5x damage on head shots compared to body, while Scout/Pulse/HC's do 3x.

Lastly for PvP I think Pulse rifles are king (potentially). The new Allfate class does 33/bullet. That's 99 per burst potential and it will kill in 2 head shots even though I'm assuming it's 200 damage to kill. This is the same class as the strangers rifle.

Even better is the Three Little Words class. It does 38/head shot for 114 per burst potential. If I remember correctly a Timur's lash does 95/head shot for comparison.

Other interesting notes: Red death has RoF of Stranger's rifle but impact of Three little Words. And obviously Thorn and Last Word do extra damage so there's always that.

Auto rifles do 1.25X head shot damage where Scout/Pulse/HC does 1.5X on head shots.

My new Shadow scout rifle does 43H damage is crucible and fires at about the same rate as Suros which does 33 IIRC. I think that's also more than Mythoclast and I'd say mine has stability that's just like Myth.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread