Dat stability doe... (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 19:20 (3260 days ago) @ Revenant1988

You bring up a point though- there ARE some perks for weapons that say they do 'X' but the meters remain static, like it will be an extended range perk, or faster reload but the meter doesn't move when it's toggled on. I wonder if it is supposed to?

I think the reason for this is that some stats aren't shown, and some of the perks sound like they're affecting one of the displayed stats but are actually related to something else.

Examples:

"Stability" and "recoil" don't refer to the same thing, although they are related. Something that improves stability will reduce the magnitude of the gun's kick, something that improves recoil will make the direction of the kick less random (straight up and down, rather than up and down + side-to-side). Rodeo doesn't move the stability bar because that isn't the stat it's affecting!

Perks that say they make a weapon "harder to handle." I think a lot of people believe this affects reload speed. It actually affects the weapon swap speed, and the time it takes to aim. So again, you don't see a change in the reload bar because that isn't what's changing.

Here is a good guide.

I know you specifically gave faster reload as an example, but I still wonder if you were thinking of something like these.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread