Mind -> BLOWN | The nature of the Exo (via reddit) (Destiny)

by yakaman, Thursday, June 11, 2015, 13:09 (3260 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

So this must mean that we, the players, and all of Destiny takes place in a simulation. Except, no, there is a Warmind (Rasputin) in our reality so we are in Prime. Are we all Dr Shim? Eh, we could still be in a simulation if the simulating entity was more sophisticated than a warmind...say the Traveller. Or, a Warmind itself.

So, we could still be in a simulation as long as it was Rasputin's or the Traveller's (or something even more complex). If I am to accept the Simulation philosophy, and the lore says it is true, then the odds that I am in the 'prime' layer of my existence is exceedingly low. Therefore, I must assume we are in a simulation.

Which allows us all to be Dr Shim. Allows us all to execute an activity over and over. Allows us all to own the one and only Thorn.

The Traveller might be thought of as malware itself, roaming the galaxy (universe?), and changing the rules of the simulation (ie swapping Venus, changing moons gravity, etc), while The Darkness tries to smooth out the wrinkles. The Darkness would thus be an agent of the higher reality, and therefore worthy of worship as a god (or representative of) by the Vex.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread