Not really what I want out of Halo (Off-Topic)

by electricpirate @, Monday, June 15, 2015, 17:30 (3245 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Warzone had my interest peaked, but the campaign reveal was pretty disapointing to me.

Halo 4 really ushered in a much more linear Halo, , one that lost some of that kind of freewheeling simulation and open combat. This demo really focused on those elements. In that respect it's kind of disappointing.

Other stuff looked good, though, the guns looked solid, and the command infrastructure has some potential. But I'm still skeptical. I dunno, maybe they can take that command stuff and expand it enough to give Guardian's it's own identity, or maybe it will go more and more scripted like other FPS.

Not to harp on the Tim Longo connection too much, but part of what made Republic Commando so much fun was the breadth of the levels, and the amount of improvisation they allowed. Plenty of room to use the squad commands in fun and creative ways. I'm hoping Halo 5 will follow suit. If not, it could all fall flat.

Totally fair. Watching E3 is a bit like trying to read the oracles of delphi. "What did they focus on for this trailer, and why did they focus on that thing?" "Is that indicitive, or is it just for the show?"

FWIW that fun open combat that Halo is known for also *shows* incredibly poorly. Pretty much Every Halo since 2 (and honestly, most of CE's E3 showings stunk) has looked pretty bad on stage.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread