Totally agree with this... (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Monday, June 22, 2015, 21:15 (3234 days ago) @ Earendil

I think a lot of journalism, especially games journalism, could do with less rolling over and taking what you're given and more pressing your source for actual answers instead of the platitudes and talking points they're usually focused on repeating. In this case, the interviewer was looking for why they priced it this way and what they thought and felt about the negative side of the fan reaction. In the end, they didn't get much, but I commend them for trying.

They pressed the "creative director" for information on pricing. Woohoo. How about they press him on something he actually knows. That's called knowing your sources, not taking the source you happen to get and push for something they don't know...repeatedly. Last I checked Bungie had 500+ people working there, you can't expect all of them to know everything there is to know about the company. While pricing is interesting, it's also understood to be pretty set.

I have a healthy respect for journalism, having worked in it briefly in college. But I'd rather game journalists focus on the actual mechanics of the game when they talk to game developers, instead of asking questions of them that should be aimed at advertising, marketing, or VPs.

...but I also think that the question should have been addressed at SOME point (it still hasn't). Luke's probably not the right person - but SOMEONE is.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread