Vehicles in Destiny (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, June 27, 2015, 14:20 (3249 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I did a quick search but didn't find much about this, but maybe it's been talked about in my year long absence.

Vehicles are a very small part of Destiny. I feel like most people wanted space combat (or at least I definitely did given how fun Long Night of Solace was!), but that didn't pan out.

The sparrow is nothing more than a fancy horse you ride from place to place.

So my question is why? Have they ever talked about it? How to do the people that created the Warthog, the best, most fun video game vehicle ever created, make a game with such a boring vehicle, and pretty much no fun vehicle combat segments?

I think the first mission in HoW (with the heavy pike versus spider tank) is a sign that they've not entirely given up on vehicles, though we still never get any enemies using them. Heck, even the roving band of pikes focus on running away than on fighting.

I'd love to see more vehicle combat segments; I'd love to see the Cabal actually using interceptors, and I'd love it if existing vehicle combat sections were revamped to encourage movement.

Unfortunately, the Hive have no vehicles, so it looks like my wishes will have to wait until Destiny 2...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread