On Authenticity (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, June 28, 2015, 23:36 (3222 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Sure, Destiny didn't deliver some features we'd become accustomed to in Halo (theater mode, forge, custom games, etc), but Oni promised things it flat out did not deliver. Things like PvP multiplayer, levels with the giant Iron Deamon, maybe some other stuff... I'd have to look the past up. It feels like you are rating Destiny worse for not including things it never promised than Oni which did promise things then failed to deliver. Of the two options, which is less authentic?

Knowing when something does not work creatively, and cutting it is supremely authentic. Oni PvP didn't work and was a mess. Cutting it made the game better overall.

Destiny has its faults for sure, perhaps more than some pervious Bungie games, but I think your trying to set it apart from every other Bungie game, especially in view of some of your past criticisms, is very disingenuous.

Again, recall I said that bad games can be authentic. Criticism does not always mean I am calling out the integrity of the game maker. You can truly believe in what you are doing, yet fall short.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread