Sorry Cody. (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, June 29, 2015, 19:27 (3217 days ago) @ Korny

I havent seen any of the shotguns.

And Yea we played together during those trials! I remember you using it.

I have the shotgun (Astral Horizon). Has great range and better fire rate than Felwinter's, but the perks aren't the best: Replenish ammo on Super, Army of one, and Flared Magwell (5 rounds in a mag). I'd rather have Range Finder, but for what it's worth, the base stats are solid.

I'm not much of a shotgun user in PvP, but I've been meaning to try it out. Do you think rangefinder, or shot package is the better perk? I was leaning toward shot package since you could get something like reenforced barrel to get more range.

Personally, I prefer Range Finder. Shot Package has a higher chance of missing (especially at range), whereas RF retains a solid kill cone at range (and I always ADS anyway). Reinforced barrel is great, especially since the tradeoffs are manageable (stability and ammo, right?), so it's up to you.

I recently had the fortune of acquiring another "secret handshake" with Hammer forged and Rangefinder. I still have (and recently ascended) the old vendor version with Hammer forged and Shot package.

I've been toying around with them in PvE scenarios, and it feels like Shot-package is the way to go there- assuming your aim is true, you're able to land more projectiles to crit spots, and the range boost provided by rangefinder doesn't make up for the damage lost to the projectiles that miss at those longer ranges. I'll probably hang on to it for dealing with Cabal, though.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread