I Like Destiny better when I'm down a level (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 16:43 (3194 days ago) @ electricpirate

So yea, long story short, embrace being down a level, and get some more content where you are down a level ;).

One of my most memorable fights in Destiny was the finale of the Stranger's Call mission, where I went up against level 14 enemies as an 11 (Defender). It was extremely tough and unforgiving.

I was talking about this just the other day with Malagate, since I was a 17 on the level 20 Vanguard playlist. It was very slow going, especially since my teammates ditched me. But I was telling him of how much more you have to use your head to succeed against enemies that can mop the floor with you. A lot of on-level Destiny is about absorbing damage and pushing through.
Below-level Destiny is about using your head and testing your patience, which is something that has promoted the great tactics on the Hard Raids; getting around the level difference, rather than just pushing through it.

Thanks to an abundance of Etheric Light, all of my characters are 34, but I had no qualms with being down a level or two for the sake of aesthetics. The game is much more "traditional" fun that way.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread