WB Reportedly Knew Arkham Knight Had Major PC Issues *OT* (Gaming)

by Avateur @, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 03:24 (3232 days ago)

So according to Kotaku, the game was okay to launch not to screw over consumers, but because they thought the game was just good enough to let out into the wild.

How does this keep happening? So many games last holiday season released entirely busted, with the Master Chief Collection being the cherry on top of it all. We're not even close to the holiday launches, yet here we are with another game, more denials of knowing anything was wrong, and I'm sure the backtracking will begin shortly.

When does it stop? Or how? Are there any solutions to this beyond hoping that somehow the gaming masses as a whole just flat out stop pre-ordering games and expansions? Do gamers need to hold off and wait to see if the games work before actually buying them on day one?

Is it bad that I'm even making this about gamers? Where's the true accountability in the industry? So many games released in Beta mode. So many "video game journalists" writing reviews that conveniently never find that these games are practically unplayable or severely limited. I didn't buy this game, and the only reason it was on my radar is because I have co-workers who have been ranting about how unplayable it's been for them since it came out, but then this article popped up and wow.

I guess the only way I can tie this back into Bungie is that I hope they never release something going forward that's just outright busted/largely unplayable. :\

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread