Man. Why bother being an early adopter anymore.... (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, July 08, 2015, 14:13 (3238 days ago) @ Revenant1988

But then you don't get to play.

Yeah, right away. Just seems like if you can afford to wait a bit, you can come off with a better deal.

I've been pondering about what I've accomplished with my Destiny gaming that I would have missed if I waited until say, today to get it. Since pretty much everything is based around RNG, not much. A day one emblem? I can live without it. TTK edition with this console is perfect for someone who hasn't played yet.

Of course, I cannot put a price on the fun I've had with the flawless raiders, so you got me there ;)

(I waited a year to get Arkham City, and it was the best decision I could have made for that game. ALL the DLC for 60 bucks? Nice. Granted, it was a single player only game, but still!)

I'm waiting more often than not for games these days. Most games I buy are on sale and are at least a year old.

Destiny, though, is different. The game has changed so much, and so much of it is social. It has it's own zeitgeist. I'm glad I haven't missed any of it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread