I'm also embarrassed that I'm terrible. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 05:11 (3215 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

You can keep me on, though.

I was playing on Xbox, and wanted to run my poorly-equipped Titan and Hunter to get the legs. Ran with a number of different LFG folks, and we were getting stomped repeatedly. I was like "this is NOT going to reflect well on the Red Robber Scale... But I still had fun, and played the same way I always do. I did try to avoid playing with friends as long as I could, because I didn't want to hurt their stats, and maybe that wasn't the best thing to do, but that's the reality of having things on full display, so that was that...

Once I switched back to my Warlock, though, I was able to make up for some lost K/D.

It's weird how much we let something so pointless as stats affect us. I see it as a nifty way to gauge how you stack up against friends, as it should be, but it's also stressful because you're like "these games shouldn't count! I'm not optimized for victory!", so you feel forced to optimize, which I think really got to Funkmon, and that's totally understandable.

I think this weekend's Trials hurt me a pinch because of that, but it just motivates me to do better next time. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread