That was prior to TTK release options being announced. (Destiny)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, August 05, 2015, 12:56 (3196 days ago) @ Kermit

Do we know if you can get both the last gen and current gen version of Taken King like you can the existing DLC, or are we stuck choosing a single platform?

As someone who recently bit the bullet and bought up from 360 to xbone, this was my experience with the folks at Microsoft:

1. Even though I "purchased" Vanilla Destiny and both expansions for "free", I still had to buy the Digital Collector's edition to actually play on my xbone. This is because there currently is no purchasing option for just the Vanilla on the xbox store; the only purchasing option to actually acquire Vanilla and play now is the digital collector's edition.

What? I didn't have to. A purchase of the digital 360 version before 1/15/15 got me the game and expansions on both platforms.

Right but when did you upgrade to xbone? They pulled the Vanilla from xbox store some time after announcing the purchasing options for the Taken King (E3, basically). Vanilla isn't purchasable on xbox store anymore.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread