From the other end of the spectrum... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, August 05, 2015, 15:57 (3193 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I won't be watching Lazer Team (sp?), because those guys are all so painfully unfunny, and the trailer was clearly more of their brand of stupid humor. However, as much as I enjoy Ryan Reynolds' passion for the subject matter, and have always thought him perfect for the role, I'm not entirely sold on the Deadpool movie either. An effective trailer is very important, even if it's ultimately misleading (see: the awesomeness of Michael Bay trailers versus how godawful the movies are).
Of course, great films have had terrible trailers too, so you never know. It is indeed ultimately up to being the targeted demographic, but I love this Taken King trailer because as someone who has played the game, the achievements that he's talking about aren't some noodle incident, they are MY accomplishments, and it reminds me of the first time that I succeeded at them, while reminding me that there's mich more to be done.
I dunno, I found it to cater to both those who have played, and those who haven't tried it yet.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread