Baked Traveler *RECIPE* *IMGs*

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Friday, May 24, 2013, 22:05 (3961 days ago)

So I got to thinking earlier that I haven't really contributed much to the Bungie fandom recently. Since I'm not that great at traditional art, and I don't know how to record music on my laptop, I decided to come up with a dish. Or at the very least, my recipe for a dish. So without further ado, I present:

BAKED TRAVELER (German Hamburgers)

Ingredients:

For the dough;

For the filling;

Preparation

First, the dough. In a large mixing bowl pour your hot water, yeast, and sugar together, mixing thoroughly. Add flour and oil and stir slowly until the dough starts to form.

[image]
The five ingredients slowly stirred.

Take the dough and kneed by hand until you have a nice even lump.

[image]
One lump of dough.

At this point you'll cover your mixing bowl (I used tin foil) and place it in the oven. Set the oven to 'bake' but don't turn up the heat. Leave it at it's lowest setting. You'll leave it like this for about 20 minutes to allow the dough to rise.

[image]
A mixing bowl covered.

While the dough is rising take your ground beef and brown it in a large saucepan. This part is fairly straightforward and you've probably done it at some point in the past already.

[image]
Saucepan, meat. Meat, saucepan.

Dough is rising, meat is browning. Now turn your attention to your vegetables (or Vegeta-bles to all you Dragon Ball folks). I used a chefs knife to dice the onion with the cabbage, but any knife you're comfortable with should do the job.

[image]
The cutting board, living up to it's name.

By now your meat has probably browned and your dough should have risen nicely. Transfer the vegetables (COULD A GHOST DO THIS?!) to the saucepan and cover, allow to cook/simmer on med-low heat while you prepare the dough.

[image]
A beautiful partnership.

Taking small chunks of dough, kneed them in your hand and then roll them out into flat, vaguely square shapes.

[image]
Perhaps more of a squarish-circle?

After about 5-10 minutes of simmering your filling should be done. Test some of the cabbage to tell, if it's soft and warm then it's ready to be stuffed with the meat.

[image]
At this point it will smell delicious.

Take small scoops of filling (using your favorite scooping device) and place it on the dough square-things. Fold the edges of the dough squares together, pinching them until they seal the filling inside. Place pinched-side down on a cookie sheet. You may want to butter the sheet to prevent sticking.

[image]
I butter everything.

Once you have all of your little Travelers assembled, place the cookie sheet in the oven which you have preheated to 350 degrees because I totally told you to do that earlier and am not just now remembering to mention it.

Allow to bake for 10 to 15 minutes and voila! Your very own little Traveler, ready to eat!

[image]
The combined might of dead civilizations.

[image]
It's fun to pretend it contains ancient technology of untold power.

While they may not have turned out as spherical or shock-white as one may have hoped, they're still nom-able!

Bon Appetit!

[image]
I just ate and this is still making me salivate.

For those of you that don' need all them fancy words, I made an easy to follow and intuitive tutorial in video format.

tl;dr

Please excuse the odd aspect ratio, first time I've filmed on a phone, and edited with Movie Maker.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread