Surface Pro 3 (Off-Topic)

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, August 09, 2015, 21:43 (3204 days ago)

I'm currently using a really cheap few year old Dell 3000 series laptop. It was a leftover from a family member. It's pretty terrible and slow (Windows 10 is helping with that, but it's still pretty infuriating sometimes).

I'm looking to get something new within the next month or two, and am looking for a decent computer. I've been a long time fan of Macs, but my old Macbook finally bit the dust last year, and I'm sort of considering something else.

I've liked the idea of the Surface Pro tablets, and I've played with them in stores and such, but I'm not sure I could live with it as a primary computer long-term.

Anyone here have one and use it exclusively (or just extensively)?

Reviews for the newest one seem really solid, and I'm really starting to lean that way, but I'm still just not sure.

For what it's worth, I'm looking at the mid range 128gb i5 version. Seems like it's the best performance for price and I don't think I'd need the i7 anyway. It's mainly just something I'll use to dick around online, send e-mails, stream movies and music, and some light Photoshop/Manga Studio and video editing. I'm mainly concerned with the livability of it, using it as my primary PC, which, granted, doesn't see a whole lot of extended use.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread