Fixed issues with suspend/resume handling on Xbox One (Destiny)

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 16:56 (3210 days ago) @ Korny

Hope this helps with the chat issues that pop up if you don't manually quit Destiny every so often.

Didn't know that those had to do with the login.
More weird Xbox-exclusive quirks that I hope they fix:

All video game exclusives are bad, but the Xbox's are the worst :)

Inability to join Fireteam if the wrong person is host.
The "awaiting stability" delay (kinda nitpicky, but those delays add up).
The way microphones cut off between loading screens.
The annoying "you were returned to orbit because you're joining a Fireteam" popup that freezes you in place (oh thanks, I had no idea that I specifically chose to join a fireteam. Thanks for the heads up!)
Separating the Fireteam privacy from the party option (The more that Destiny can separate from the Xbox OS, the better).
The triple-error combo that ends up logging you off.
VoG enemy behaviors.
Netcode for Trials (it'd be great to find a single game without a red-bar host).
Lack of Exodus Blue (one more month, guys, just one more month)...

Wish they'd explain why they were okay with the Xbox version having these quirks. I suspected that the game was developed for Playstation, then ported over to Xbox (I remember them saying that they had to put in some extra work to get the game running at 1080p), while simultaneously integrating it with the godawful Xbox OS, and that's why there's so much weirdness... But who knows. I'd love to hear more about it, and if they plan to address those issues (the whole resume thing has been plaguing the game since it was introduced, though closing the app tends to fix the issue).

We should be getting a new OS in the fall for the XBone. Win10 based from what I understand and they'll be getting rid of the Win8 tile setup. If you've dabbled with Win10 on PC it essentially looks the same as the XBox app. I think it'll be an improvement.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread