A Tale of Woe (Destiny)

by marmot 1333 @, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 16:07 (3202 days ago)

Since I've moved, I use my upstairs neighbors/landlord's WIFI. Where I was before, I was spoiled with wired-in connections for my PS4 and PC.

In the past week the wifi has been really spotty. Dropping a lot. For whatever reason, my PS4 can keep a better connection going than any of my other devices.

I got home late Monday night and decided to see if I could get some stuff done before the reset. I was hesitant of doing a raid or anything where people would depend on me, so I did a handful of Queen's Bounties solo. I didn't drop the whole time, so I finally decided to do a level 32 PoE on my main character.

Got a great team of randoms; I think we only went down a few times throughout the entire game. Took down the boss fast.

We returned to the airlock. I started my ritual dance on the grate that opens up... I got a Baboon error. No! Not now! Black screen, loading screen, I'm back in the game! My guardian is still dancing on the grate.. with 2 seconds left until return to orbit. I try to drop down the shaft but nope, don't even make it to the bottom.

I managed to keep connection throughout the entire game and only lost connection in the 28 seconds I had to grab my reward.

It upset me more than I expected.

Spotty wifi is worse than no wifi at all...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread