Grenades in midair and death. (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, August 27, 2015, 14:58 (3157 days ago) @ slycrel

I noticed this pretty early on in both PvP and PvE because I was one of those grenade lobbing guys in the early Halo days. Makes me sad. (Remember when we got Verdugo, who blind playtested the original Halo, to ask bungie to add priming grenades like we used all the time in TFC? Good times!)

Verd playtested the original Halo? How did I not know that? You were much more 'in' those guys than I was. Priming grenades in TFC, man, I totally forgot about that... tho' I do love to tell these TF2 kids how 2fort USED to be with the lift that only worked for the 1 team & 'nade jumping out of that elevator shaft.

I suspect it's a technical issue with how grenades are tied to your character. We know they are because the charge and type can change on the fly And I bet they had bugs due to a respawned guardian who has new grenades, but the remaining grenade messes up the that respawned guardian's data somehow causing problems. So they "fixed" it by removing or exploding the grenades when you die.

But that's just a guess.

Yeah I wondered about that too... It wasn't a problem in the Halo games tho'... but grenades are a little more tied to the player now than they were back then, but I'm a little skeptical about that one.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread