I swear, I mean this in a helpful way (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 22:28 (3136 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Personally, I think little rewards like The Lighthouse are fine because it is just a little bonus that stands on its own. If there was another activity in Destiny that required a piece of gear to access it, and that gear could only be earned by going flawless in Trials, then that would be a problem IMO.

Oh, I don't disagree with that at all. I think in the ideal world, no single piece of gear would lock you out of any content. There should never be the equivalent of not getting that final piece of VoG gear to hit max level.

Basically, each activity should have guaranteed rewards. But it could be more in depth than just beat activity, get rewards. Trials, again, is a great example. Do well in Trials, get a cool primary. Go flawless in Trials, get a cool elemental primary.

Imagine if VoG gave specific rewards for specific things. Rather than a drop after each part of the Vault, completing different goals would determine rewards. Just straight up beating the Vault would net you say, Praedyth's Timepiece and the gauntlets. Beating Hard would get you Found Verdict and the Helmet. Flawless Raider would get you Mythoclast. Downing Atheon in a set amount of time gets you Fatebringer. No one in your Fireteam getting marked would get you VoC. Or whatever circumstances they designed, but you get my drift. There would be a clear way to get whatever piece of gear you wanted. Would everyone get Mythoclast? No, probably not. But not everyone has it right now, so how is it worse? I'd actually prefer it, because at least I could try to get it, and if I didn't, it would be my fault for not being good enough, not because RNG screwed me again.

And you wouldn't need to get Mythoclast (or the Raid Boots, or whatever), because there would be other options available from other activities, with similar goals to meet.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread