Not an answer to your question (Off-Topic)

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Sunday, September 06, 2015, 11:24 (3181 days ago) @ cheapLEY

But some recommendations of other, completely un-Nightvale podcasts.

We Have Concerns - Did you know that Mount Everest has a serious faeces problem? Did you know that doctors in Seattle are combating cancer with scorpion venom? Did you know there's a haunted housw in Illinois that really is haunted (sort of)?

Anthony Carboni and John Cannata take recent news in the world of science, nature and oddities, and discuss the ramifications of cool, weird and scary science over a 20 minute podcast, interspersed with improv, Thai Food and one dad joke per episode.

Jimquisition - Jim Sterling (formerly of Destructoid, now of Jimquisition.com), Laura Dale (Destructoid) and Gavin "Miracle of Sound" (The Escapist) host a videogame news cast and/or anti-Ubisoft propaganda machine (depending on how they're feeling that day). Jim is one of my absolute favourite reviewers, and has had a lot of podcasts in the past. This is the first one normal enough that I can recommend to the general populace.

Fistshark Marketting - this actually might fit the bill of "like Nightvale". Featuring Jim Sterling, Conrad Zimmerman and a female host whose name I forget because I'm awful, Fistshark Marketting is a 20 minute snippet of the weekly boardmeeting at Fistshark. It started off pretty simply, with "What if X celebrity has been doing Y silly/outrageous/unlikely thing" but it's been evolving into sometjing far more absurdist/surreal lately. Also Bono from U2 makes the occasional guest appearance. Allegedly.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread