Dear Bungie: Can we please not do this next year? (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, September 14, 2015, 22:59 (3158 days ago)

[image]

That's my The Taken King Collectors Edition shipment from GameStop. Scheduled to arrive a day late. Even though I preordered it and game them a card number three months ahead of time. I'm not going to be too upset if it really does arrive a day late, but I am left with some nagging questions:

1. Why am I going to be one of the last ones to play The Taken King even though I showed my loyalty through a larger payment and a preorder that was so limited I had to scramble to even get it?
2. Why does the download code for The Taken King have to be trapped in my box of goodies? Why can't it be emailed to me so I can play the same day everyone else can?
3. In a day or two I'll have two physical copies of Destiny. Assuming there's a neato Collector's Edition next year am I going to end up buying a 3rd Destiny disk?

I get that a full, everything's included, edition of Destiny is still a good idea to get new people into the game, but I don't need that. What I want is a edition that gives me the neat physical collectors items but gets me access to the game the same day as all the people who click Buy on the Xbox store mid afternoon. As it is right now, it's very likely someone buying Destiny digitally at 7pm on Wednesday will get to play The Taken King before I do.

And that just seems silly. :/

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread