Forza 6 (Off-Topic)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 11:53 (3157 days ago) @ Funkmon

racing on the Nurburgring at 160mph at night is absolutely terrifying (in a good way!).

I like racing games but never enjoyed Forza. However, I will try the demo for this sentence. I ride a motorcycle, and at night every single mailbox on the side of the road is an ass clencher because it could be a deer. Tall grass or fog is scary too. Man, everything is scary. I was driving in some mountains in Italy once figuring out how to drive a standard and TWO PORCUPINES ran in front of the car TWICE. They were like fucking mutant porcupines too. Must have been 7 feet tall. Then I almost missed a blind turn and drove off the mountain. Stupid nighttime. Properly put me off standards in cars for a while.

So I'm excited to see a game have that fear in night driving.

It definitely does. It captures night better than most games I've played before. Most games that have night just makes everything darker, but you can still see okay. In Forza, you can't see a damn thing (if you look behind you, for instance). And it's awesome.

Unfortunately, the only night race in the demo is on Yas Marina circuit, which is mostly well-light from stadium lighting. It is a cool experience, but can't really compare to the Nurburgring.

Also, the demo is absolutely infuriating. It's a good display of what Forza 6 has to offer, but there's a narrator that leads you through some of the new (and old) features, and you can't skip any of her explanations, and she assumes you've never played video games before. It's awful. I've played every Forza, I know how to adjust my driver assist settings, thanks. Now shut up!

I do understand folks not liking Forza, too. It can be very . . . clinical for some folks, I guess. Not for me, obviously, I like it, but I think for a lot of folks they need more from racing games than just actual circuit racing. I can hop on Forza and pick a car and track and just hot lap for hours trying to improve my time. That's part of the reason I'm looking for more people. In the Forza 4 days I had a few friends that also played, and we'd jump into a party and agree on a car and track and do time trials. So while we weren't really playing multiplayer, we were all doing the same activity trying to beat each others' times, which kept improving. It was a blast.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread