"Honest" is a stretch (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 12:35 (3168 days ago) @ Beorn

I thought my copies were arriving today. None of the language on my orders suggested that I'd be receiving them four days late.

Did you order from a mobile platform that perhaps didn't display all the info? I gleaned that I wouldn't be getting it until the day after release (at the soonest if I paid $10 for overnight shipping) because in the cart it said it would ship (not arrive) on 9/15/15.

I ordered it as insurance in case I couldn't find a local copy (which I did, fortunately). I also wasn't too concerned because I play on two platforms, and I can't play that much on two platforms on day one anyway. It wasn't like I need two physical copies of all the goodies. Right? ;)

I do feel your pain. I know what it's like to have a plan for your fun and not have it work out like you envisioned.

I'm such a creature of habit when it comes to Bungie game releases. I stayed up very late, went to Gamestop at midnight, spent a good bit of time in the wee hours piddling about in Destiny, oogling the goodies in the collector's edition, and so on. Finally, I was like, "what am I doing? I can't even play the new stuff until 5 a.m.!" I would have enjoyed yesterday more if I'd gone to bed early Monday night.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread