Not Good. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 17:20 (3168 days ago) @ Mid7night

I'm excited about them, even though I'm only part way through my Nightstalker.

But supers should be SUPER. I hope they don't nerf the new ones, but rather BUFF the old ones to bring them up to snuff. Maybe reduce the base charge rate in PvP to further emphasize their "Super" nature (also reduce the number of orbs to keep teams from Super-chaining too much), but in my opinion an on-target-Super should be a death sentence to anything besides another Super (if the "other" one has defensive capabilities).

That argument has always been really stupid to me: "Don't nerf the OP weapons! Make the other weapons better!"

As if that would change anything for the better. Time-to-kill is an important factor in games. The better something is at killing, the more limitations it should have, otherwise you end up with something like The Last Word, or Thorn, which had zero counters, and effectively destroyed the primary sandbox.

A Super should be a huge advantage, but not an insta-win button that you can use to wipe out entire teams with zero effort. That's why people complained about BladeDancers and Strikers, but not Gunslingers or Sunsingers, which have better balance. You can outwit a Gunslinger. You can kill a Sunsinger as he's rezzing. You can't stop a Fist of Havok, and BladeDancers can absorb a rocket.

These new classes? They are too difficult to stop for most people, and I know for a fact that you'll be the first one crying when any one of these Supers is used against you in Trials. They're all Crowd Control supers, so how will small teams stop them?

On top of that, They are team-heavy classes, which grant buffs and abilities to teammates that none of the other, more lone-wolf classes do.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread