Reviews across the board positive (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 16:52 (3176 days ago) @ Funkmon

The question is how long do I wait for TTK to get discounted do you guys think?

I say buy it now or don't bother with Destiny anymore.

The fact is, The Taken King is more of the same, just polished. If you didn't like Destiny, you won't like the DLC pack for Destiny. The longer you wait, I think the less the experience gets you. I killed Crota on hard in one sword yesterday. Who wants that? Well me. But it ruins the experience. Be there from the beginning on this or don't be there at all, IMO. Come by for Destiny 2.

EDIT: I say this knowing your posts and what you say about Destiny. If I were you, I'd move on. However, I think The Taken King is a bargain at twice the price, and would suggest it to all Destiny fans. Unless you show it some weird way, you're not a Destiny fan. Skip it.

I agree completely, and it's even more true now than ever. It will be awful for new folks in a few months (weeks? days?) when the internet has everything in the Dreadnaught figured out. I've had a great time with some DBO folks. We spent hours on the Dreadnaught last night, and stayed in the Mausoleum, Hull Breach, and Cabal ship area, and figured out two neat little things there.

A lot of the experience will be lost when everything is know.

It'll be like being led through a Raid, rather than figuring it out with a blind group, only it's true for an entire area.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread