Good mornin’ to ye scurvey nags! (Destiny)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Saturday, September 19, 2015, 12:06 (3153 days ago) @ dogcow

On my redeemed codes page on bungie.net it says this:

Emblem: Star Antigen - Pick up your emblem at the Emblem Kiosk in the Tower. Bonus: What day might you parrot Long John Silver, and what code might you enter then?

It’s Talk Like a Pirate Day! I tried “RRR-RRR-RRR” and “AAA-RRR-GGG” before I realized that the clue might be a little more… discerning given the Treasure Island theme. Long John Silver is famous for the ditty, “Fifteen men on the Dead Man's Chest / Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum! / Drink and the devil had done for the rest / Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!”

I thought maybe the first letters of “yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum,” but that’s only eight characters (and O and B are invalid characters for the code page, anyway). I don’t want to lock myself out of the code redemption page for the day, so I thought we could post our tries here and come up with a solution?

Edit: Food for thought – What if the ‘parrot’ part of the clue refers to Silver’s parrot, Captain Flint, who would say pirate phrases like, "Pieces of Eight!” and such?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread