What I didn't like

by Monochron, Monday, June 10, 2013, 21:03 (3963 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin
edited by Monochron, Monday, June 10, 2013, 21:11

To play a little Devil's advocate here I'll talk about what bugged me in the demo.

The "Ghost". I didn't feel any sort of attraction toward him. Didn't come off as endearing, funny, or awesome. Good to see a companion though, for those of us without friends who will play Destiny.

Killing those Fallen didn't look as deep as killing a group of grunts/jackels with an Elite leader. I could be wrong, but it didn't inspire me.

The row of abandoned cars reminded me more of apocalypse movies than it did inspire me about Destiny's world.

More HUD than I really liked. Blips floating above enemies. Also that loot pickup is some glowing polygon? Really doesn't ground the idea of loot for me.

Looked like a lot of reticle bloom. It could be okay. But as I really preferred the competitive aspects of Halo, I doubt I will enjoy more bloom.

Okay now to qualify all of that. It's way more than I expected from a "Gameplay demo". The thing is, Sony led me to believe it would be something special. And it was special in that it was gameplay of a game I am dying to play, but it wasn't particularly innovative or game changing. But before Sony told me they had something special saved for the end I didn't think I was going to see anything game changing yet. We barely know anything about the game. Seeing those game mechanics and menues is EXACTLY what I wanted.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread