Bizzaro world (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Saturday, October 03, 2015, 05:04 (3122 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I never thought I'd ever see you ahead of me in terms of progression Narcogen. I've got a 305 Hunter and two others at 170.

I'm not sure I'd say that's ahead of you. I think it takes a lot more time to go from 290 to 300+ than it does to go from, say, 260 to 280. So by evening out play time over all characters, I was able to get two characters into 290s. I also had a few hundred coins and a few hundred motes to put into faction rep and get a bunch of packages, and I've gotten lucky with exotic engrams from Xur, and a decent drop rate when using Three of Coins as well.

Blackstar and I also made a big push to try and get to near raid level in the first week. We didn't quite make it-- only got to 270 or so-- but that meant getting to 290 from there was not that difficult.

I also spent the week after the 2.0 launch but before TTK dropped completing bounties and NOT turning them in, so I got from 34 to 39 almost immediately. Not sure how relevant that really was, since I'm not even sure level counts for anything except as a minimum requirement for certain gear, but...

What I haven't been able to do since that first attempt is do any more of the raid, so I haven't gotten my hands on that 300 level ghost that is supposed to be there.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread