Why is Bungie reintroducing old problems? (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, October 04, 2015, 18:56 (3118 days ago) @ Claude Errera

The problem is made worse from the fact that you can only get them from chests, unlike Wormspore. The collection rate is much lower, unless you actually spend significant amounts of time farming them. Was it really necessary to introduce TWO new planetary materials?

So I don't really 'farm' them, in the sense that I spend any real time looking for them... but whenever I go to the dreadnaught (which seems to be every day, at least), I do a round of the four commonest chest locations in the first area (Hull Breach). Adds maybe a minute to whatever I'm doing, gets me 3-4 flakes each time. I've used 50 so far (25 each for two swords), and still have about 150.

So yes, I'm doing something other than pure playing - but it's pretty trivial, and it gets me all I need.

That sounds like a pretty good idea.

I'll be honest, I haven't had an issue with it yet. I'm still on step one of the Exotic Sword quest. All of my playtime in the past week and a half has been trying to finish the Raid and the occasional daily Heroic story and daily Crucible for Legendary Marks.

I haven't been to the Dreadnaught Patrol since week one of TTK. But I guess that doing the Hull Breach/Mausoleum lap every time I go there will net me a decent amount of Flakes.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread