About the hidden ghosts (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, October 06, 2015, 14:16 (3130 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Something strange happened while running the mission this morning. I took the hidden path through the Trial of Kabr and found the first ghost. From there, I couldn't figure out how to get through the rest of the path to the templar's well, so I died and respawned back at the first chest location and followed the normal path to the well.

I defeated the first Taken encounter, proceeded through the spirit bloom cave down towards the Gorgon's Cave. But when I got to the location of the 2nd ghost... it wasn't there. I double checked and triple checked, but it wasn't there.

So I restarted the mission. This time I looked at a guide of how to get through the hidden path to the Templar's well. Got the first ghost again, made my way through, beat the Taken in the well. This time the 2nd ghost was there, and I was able to go all the way through and complete the secret ending.

I'm not sure why the 2nd ghost wasn't there on my first attempt. I thought dying might cause problems, except I'd died before getting to the first ghost too, and it was there. Plus I've seen videos of fireteams dying plenty of times and still finding the ghosts (perhaps dying is ok, but wiping is not?).

Another possibility is that I needed to go all the way through the hidden path to the well to trigger the 2nd ghost's appearance.

It's worth noting that I didn't die at all during my successful run.

Any ideas? Anyone else run in to this?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread