Metal Gear Online Gameplay (Off-Topic)

by TheeChaos @, Monday, October 12, 2015, 09:58 (3145 days ago)

With all the things going on lately (Battlefront, Sleeper Simulant, getting exotic Sword), I completely forgot that Metal Gear Online was released for The Phantom Pain. I downloaded it yesterday and hopped in. I streamed a video this morning on twitch. Again the Quality issue is getting annoying, probably for you guys as well.

MGO plays kind of like Ghost Recon (loosely). It is third person, but has the ADS First-person option. The gameplay is nice and refreshing, especially since MGS 4 Online had alot of issues, I was worried this would follow the same path. There are alot of cool things that can take place. It does have a class system (again loosely), customizable loadouts, and some interesting game modes. My favorite Gamemode so far is Bounty Hunt. Essentially its Team Deathmatch, each kill takes a ticket from the enemy team, each death one from yours. The twist is that you can actually get tickets back, but extracting enemies. The more people that the person you extracted has killed, the more tickets you get back. IE if the player kills 6 people, then you extract them, you will get 6 tickets back to your team. This allows for alot of turn-arounds. We have had teams down to 3 tickets while we had 10, then they got 2 high bounty extractions to get +13 tickets back, and won the game.

Anyways, the gameplay is in the link. Hope you guys enjoy, and if you want to play, let me know!

PS: fun stuff around the 7:30 mark

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread