I like it! (Fan Creations)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 04:59 (3116 days ago) @ slycrel

I really like the landfall/insta-res thing, that's fantastic. And it's very unique to speed up the cooldowns. I like the support idea. Based on your description, most players would be confused as to what this actually does though. It also may be OP and would make light beyond nemesis pretty well obsolete. :D

I'm totally behind your suggestion that it should use up 25% of the charge; still left with a fair amount of Super, but you do have to pay a small fee. LBN would have the advantage of working for every class (especially since most run as Sunsingers in Trials), and not needing to rely on the Super. Also, players would have to use the Landfall perk, or they wouldn't have access to the ability.

This reads more like a new 4th class than an exotic perk. Which I would totally play. =) For the perk I think it's too nuanced. Here's my suggestion for tweaks:

Before they announced the third classes, I was actually making my own, which revolved around the idea of a combat medic (they even had a grenade that resembled Halo 3's Regenerator equipment), so you're onto something alright. ;)

When using your super add an AoE effect, rather than directed, to speed up nearby orb cooldowns rather than directing it. Visually you could arc white lightning to the orbs near you or something. Plus it would be fun to kill all the enemies surrounding an orb while getting it ready for revival. Or slam into a group that's on top of an orb (with landfall) and bring up your buddy while frying everything.

The landfall res should reduce your remaining super energy by half, minimum 25% total. Reduce overall super time by 25%.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread