So . . .The Force Awakens *New Trailer* (Off-Topic)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 17:10 (3137 days ago) @ TheeChaos

In Episode 1 Watto, on Tatooine, knew of the Jedi tricks =]

I am curious about this too. I think what they were trying to say was that people didn't know what had happened BETWEEN the jedi and sith. Majority of people didn't know the Sith existed. Palpatine essentially used his political powers to turn the population (which we really dont get to interact with) against the Jedi. And from that, you have the rebels. From the point of a regular person, it would make sense that alot of people had no clue what exactly was happening.

I look at like this (which could very well be wrong):

Most of the galaxy's population has heard of the Jedi, and knows basically the truth about them (Force-wielding, basically a big police force, etc.). But to most (99.99% of the galaxy), they are legends. Literally legends. Everyone sort of "accepts" that they're real, but for the most part, no one has every actually seen them, only heard rumors about them and what they can do. So I would imagine, realistically, most probably don't believe they exist. They're just these mythical, legendary figures that people talk about.

I mean, I know there were quite a few Jedi at one (thousands?), but there is no way there were enough of them running around that even the tiniest fraction of a percentage of the galaxy's total population ever encountered them.

Now add that it's been over sixty years since the Jedi were an active presence, and you end up with a lot of folks that are young that probably have never even HEARD of the Jedi, let alone seen one. Of course most people don't believe they ever existed. Why would they?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread