Met a bunch of guys who are into Destiny yesterday (Off-Topic)

by Funkmon @, Thursday, October 29, 2015, 10:11 (3128 days ago)

After the hard mode raid I went to get a gas station burrito. After, I went to Wal Mart to buy macaroni and cheese, and some cop ran my plates. Turns out I missed a court date some time in May, so I went to jail for the night.

Anyway, the dudes who booked me asked me how my day was because I am a friendly person, and mentioned that I was playing Destiny and Halo 5 all day after work. Apparently, two of them were super into Destiny and were having trouble getting past golgoroth. We talked Destiny while I was getting my fingerprints done until my friend came and picked me up.

It's weird finding people in real life with your hobbies and interests that you normally interact with only online. And, while they were aware of the subreddit, planet Destiny, and Bungie.org, they don't go on there much. They just play with their friends and learn about stuff by word of mouth.

That sounds like a really cool way to play Destiny, IMO. Like how everybody knows to blow into the Nintendo cartridge, I wonder if Destiny players pass knowledge around like that. The game must be a complete enigma to them.

I find I am enjoying the game a lot more when I don't spend much time on the subreddit and I just hear about stuff through chats with you guys. It's a lot of fun being a casual.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread