Good Steam games? (Off-Topic)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 22:08 (3073 days ago)

So, before I rejoined the forums this year, I had been offline completely for a year. I had been using a crappy hand-me down laptop with an A6 mobile processor that struggled to even run Youtube vidoes at 1080p.

I just bought myself a Surface Pro 4 (which I love!), with the dual-core i5. While still obviously not enough for really intensive games, I can finally pick up on some of the stuff I might have missed in the last few years (or even before, I had an iMac before so missed Windows exclusive stuff).

Long story short, I'm looking for applications.

I have recently downloaded Pillars of Eternity, as I backed that on Kickstarter but was offline when it released. Haven't started it yet, but am looking forward to it.

My wishlist currently has:

-Bastion
-The Banner Saga
-Hard West

While I definitely don't need more games to play, I'm still looking for some fun stuff to check out, as I've not ever played much on the PC. I was thinking of checking out The Stanley Parable or Gone Home (As I rule I'm generally okay with "games" without real gameplay, so long as they're interesting or funny).

Just looking for things I probably missed because they just weren't on my radar, with a strong preference for smaller games that I don't have to sink tens of hours into (I've still got plenty of Fallout 4 left in me for that, not too mention those other three games I listed don't seem like they're going to be short by any means).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread